Candás woke up on Saturday with the news of a fire that occurred during the night in Valdés Pumarino street, a fire that caused material damage to the «Pub Galley», and which also left several neighbours in the street without electricity and internet connection.
The fire that broke out in the early hours of yesterday morning in Valdés Pumarino street affected both the pub and the neighbours. According to several sources consulted by our digital communication group.
According to municipal sources in a conversation held on Saturday afternoon, thanks to the work of the Carreño Local Police, the incident «did not escalate». «The officers pulled the collar out,» said a neighbour with whom we also spoke this afternoon.
No personal injuries were reported in the incident and the extent of the material damage to the «Galley» pub is not known at the moment.
Contrary to what was published today in a regional newspaper, the neighbours were not evacuated from their homes, municipal sources have confirmed to us that the neighbours were confined to their homes. We have also been informed by 112 Asturias that they were in contact with the local police at all times.
Several fire extinguishers were used in the extinguishing work; The Pub «Galley» is one of the most emblematic premises of Candás, and the news is one of the topics of today in Candás.